Your car is a highly complex piece of machinery, comprised of a wide range of components that perform specific functions.
of these parts must be in good condition and operate properly to assure your car is safe and performs at its best. Car tune-up service is important because it provides your mechanic with an opportunity to inspect and, if necessary, replace components that are no longer functioning properly.
Car tune-up service is important part of its preventative maintenance. Preventative maintenance protects your car and extends it life. Many of the components in your car require periodic replacement. During tune-up service, your mechanic will visual inspect components and follow your car manufacturer’s recommend maintenance schedule.
Car tune-up service includes:
- Full visual inspection of engine components
- Installation of new spark plugs and wires
- Installation of a new distributor cap, if necessary
- Replacement of air filter
- Replacement of gas filters
- Inspection of the blades and installation of a new rotor, if necessary
- Inspection of the valve-cover gasket and valve adjustments
- Inspecting and replenishing all fluids as needed
- Replacement of Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) valve, if necessary
Car tune-up service can prevent or reduce a variety of problems including poor gas mileage, slow acceleration, and engine knock. Tune-up service can also catch and address issues that would otherwise worsen over time, leaving you with expensive repairs or worse.
The recommended tune-up service schedule can vary from car to car, but it is typically every 30,000 miles. It is a good idea to check your owner’s manual for your car’s specific recommendation.